History


1910s

1910

Patchogue Mills, the producer of lace curtains, tablecloths and handkerchiefs was established.

1919

Patchogue Mills is split into two separate entities: International Handkerchief and Patchogue Plymouth Mills.


1940s

1948

Jute and Kraftcord weaving operation opens in South Georgia, USA

1949

Patchogue Mills develops new weaving yarns and backings for the carpet / flooring industry.


1950s

1953

Hazelhurst, GA USA facility built, begins producing primary and secondary carpet backing

1958

First woven filtration geotextile produced


1960s

1960

Amoco acquires Patchogue Plymouth and rapidly expands operations across the United States, Canada, Europe and South and Central America.

1965

Carpet backing changes to the mildew-resistant, more durable polypropylene materials.

1967

Synthetic Weavers opens in Chickamauga, Georgia with a single contract to produce sand bag fabric for the Vietnam War effort.

1968

Production of polypropylene yarn begins.

1968

Nashville, GA USA plant built and opened.

1968
Product line grows to include cotton bales, FBIC, upholstery yarn and furniture and bedding fabrics.

1969
Began manufacturing non-woven Petromat® paving products.


1970s

1970

Chattanooga, TN USA facility built.

1970

Gronau, Germany 670,000 sq. ft. plant built.

1970s
Began manufacturing woven stabilization geotextiles


1980s

1981

Curitiba, Brasil 250,000 sq. ft. facility built

1982

Invention of synthetic fibers for reinforced concrete. TRUE Fibermesh® set the standard for performance, value and reliability, and still does today.

1987

Introduction of stable fiber extrusion, spinning and leno weaving to its core process.

1988

Introduction of Novocon® concrete fiber reinforcement.


1990s

1990s

State-of-the-art nonwoven fabric plant is built in Ringgold, GA USA

1990s

Began manufacturing high-strength woven geotextiles.

1990s

Development of SoftBac® offers a groundbreaking composite secondary carpet foundation.

1993

Non-woven polypropylene production begins.

1993

Research and development for woven and non-woven geotextiles.

1993
Production diversifies, adding agricultural fabrics, filtration media including liquid filter fabrics and recreational fabrics.

1995

Matehuala, Mexico location built.

1997

Macro Synthetic concrete reinforcement fiber research and development begins.

1997

Gyor, Hungary Plant begins production with secondary carpet backing.

1998

Gronau, Germany operation launched CURV®, the innovative composite product used by consumer goods manufacturers like NIKE and Samsonite.


2000s

2000

Introduction of Novomesh® 850 blended concrete fiber reinforcement.

2002

Introduction of Novomesh® 950 blended fiber reinforcement.

2004

BP Amoco Fabrics and Fibers became Propex Fabrics.

2005

Propex Fabrics acquires SI Geosolutions and SI Concrete Systems.


2010s

2011

Propex surpasses 6 million square yards of manufactured PYRAMAT® High Performance Turf Reinforcement Mat.

2012

Propex launches new brand promise, and relocates corporate headquarters to downtown Chattanooga, TN.

2013

Propex launches the REFLECTEX® unbonded concrete interlayer fabric for pavement rehabilitation applications.

2015

Propex begins full scale armoring of levees for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers New Orleans District, to protect against storm surge overtopping.