GEOTEX® DND Orange is a bright orange, nonwoven geotextile that signals excavators from further digging in areas that may have hazards such as buried contaminants, piping, cables or other dangers. This high-visibility demarcation fabric features durable polypropylene staple fibers that are needle punched to form a dimensionally stable network.
Features & Benefits
- Offers high UV rating – 80% for 500 hours – ensuring product will hold-up against UV exposure
- Danger Do Not Dig/Peligro No Excavar is directly printed on the fabric eliminating the cost of additional printed tape that requires installation time and frequently does not stay in place
- Warning message is printed every 24 inches to ensure it appears continuously throughout the ground it is protecting
- GEOTEX ORANGE DND nonwovens feature 50% elongation, compared to only 10-15% elongation provided by wovens, better protecting against tears over differentially supported trench backfills
- GEOTEX ORANGE DND offers superior water flow characteristics compared to wovens and slit tape geotextiles, eliminating water ponding, pressure and backfill sliding concerns
- Provides a cost-effective alternative to removing and transporting contaminants offsite
- Nonwovens can easily be cut in the field to fit smaller spaces, compared to wovens which require factory selvage edges
- Complies with Federal and State laws requiring archeological sites be protected from construction impacts
- Available in multiple product weights, consistent with AASHTO M 288, to meet specification requirements
- Resistant to biological and chemical environments normally found in soils, preventing breakdown of material over time
- Superfund sites and brownfield projects
- Areas where underground tanks, pipes, cables and electrical utilities need to be protected
- Remediation zones
- Archaeological and sensitive excavation sites
Interested in Geotex® DND Orange?
Contact One of Our Reps to Get Started.