GEOTEX® Nonwoven geotextiles are made from high-quality polypropylene staple fibers that are needle-punched to form a dimensionally stable fiber network. Nonwovens are widely recognized as the choice for drainage applications, pavement interlayers and separation/stabilization beneath paved and unpaved roads. Nonwovens are almost always a better choice for survivability and performance. Our nonwoven product line is compliant with AASHTO/NTPEP standards and is available in a variety of styles to fit your specific project needs and specifications.
Features & Benefits
- Requires less aggregate during construction saving $50,000 per lane mile on average and reducing road thickness
- Doubles the service life of the road by separating the aggregate base from the soil
- Offers the highest water flow rate and lateral transmissivity to reduce pore water pressure under traffic loading
- High interface friction to restrain and strengthen aggregate layers
- Engineered with optimal elongation to avoid puncture and tearing during installation
- Provide superior hydraulics and soil retention to support filtration
- Mitigates dust in unpaved roads
- Provides cushioning and protection for critical lining systems
- Resists biological and chemical environments normally found in soils
- AASHTO/NTPEP Certified
- Reduces overall maintenance cost, saving up to 50% on road repairs
- Installs faster than traditional methods reducing overall construction time
- Paved and unpaved roads
- French drains and edge drains
- Hard armor underlayment
- Containment ponds
- Tunnel linings
- Railroad beds
- Parking lots
Case StudiesView Case Studies
Interested in Geotex® Nonwoven?
Contact One of Our Reps to Get Started.